AFC Registered Nurse
- CHAI Services - Adult Family Care
- MA, USA
- Full Time & Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Registered Nurse is a unique opportunity to work directly with adults with disabilities and older adults, providing them with oversight, evaluation, monitoring, education, and case management. In addition to this direct nursing support, the Registered Nurse will also being a resource and support to their families. There is no skilled nursing needed! The Registered Nurse is part of a supportive team, comprised of case managers and nurses, supporting clients through the MassHealth Adult Family Care program (AFC).
The Registered Nurse manages their own flexible schedule, ensuring that required visits and paperwork are completed in a timely manner. There are opportunities to do some of the work remotely. Some visits will occur on weekends or evenings (at least once a month – more if the Registered Nurse prefers). Most visits will be in the Greater Boston Area.
This position has both Part-Time and Full-Time Opportunities available. Flexible schedule, 50/50 split remote and in-person.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain a caseload of AFC clients, for whom you will coordinate their AFC programming. This includes visiting clients regularly, conducting assessments, offering support and guidance to families; and ensuring all client files and documentation are complete.
- Enroll new clients in the AFC program – including interviewing potential clients and caregivers, performing assessments, and communicating with collateral contacts.
- Act as the liaison with the primary care physician and families to obtain participant's medical information and to communicate participants' health related needs
- Monitor the health status of the participants and provide training for staff regarding participants' health related needs
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Currently Licensed as a Registered Nurse to practice in the Commonwealth of MA
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point)
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.