- Community Services Division - TeenSafe
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TeenSafe, a program of Journey to Safety (the JF&CS response to domestic and dating abuse), is seeking a PT creative and dynamic youth educator to join our program. The TeenSafe Coordinator plans, organizes, and implements dating abuse awareness-raising and prevention efforts in the Jewish community and beyond; and also oversees the recruitment, training and outreach activities of the peer leaders (students in grades 10-12).
- Act as a mentor and role-model for TeenSafe peer leaders and teen workshop participants, providing training, guidance, leadership, and coordination as they learn about dating abuse and engage in efforts to educate other high school students.
- Oversee the peer leader program.
- Recruit and train new peer leaders.
- Collaborate with the teens to plan monthly meetings, workshops, and outreach activities.
- Organize and oversee outreach activities, including communication with workshop host sites.
- Identify and reach out to past and new host sites to offer workshop opportunities.
- Oversee and coordinate the program's awareness-raising work in the community (working closely with the peer leaders whenever possible).
- Create and share content on the TeenSafe Instagram and Facebook pages. Work with the JTS staff and JF&CS Marketing and Communications team to suggest content for the JF&CS Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter accounts.
- Plan and implement an awareness-raising campaign for Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month (February).
- Work to engage Jewish communal leaders (especially youth advisors and educators) in TeenSafe's activities and messaging.
- As appropriate, participate in Journey to Safety staff meetings, JF&CS staff trainings, and professional development opportunities in the community or online.
Job Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Commitment to having a positive impact on the lives of young people and being a change agent in the Greater Boston Jewish community and beyond
- Experience working with teens in a formal or informal educational/social setting (including curriculum development and revision)
- Experience with public speaking and/or workshop facilitation
- Background in awareness-raising efforts around teen dating abuse prevention and consent
- Familiarity with working in Jewish settings and comfort working in settings across the Jewish community
- Excellent skills with Instagram, Facebook, and the social media platforms that teens are currently using and willingness to learn new ones as they emerge
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to plan, prioritize and organize workload (with support and input from the Journey to Safety Director and Outreach & Program Coordinator)
All applicants must submit a cover letter with resume detailing relevant work experience.
The TeenSafe Coordinator position is supervised by the JTS Director with ongoing support from the JTS Outreach & Program Coordinator. The position is part-time at approximately 15-19 hours a week and includes evening and weekend hours. Many of our workshop sites are not easily reachable by public transportation, so the TeenSafe Coordinator must have reliable access a vehicle. The position is funded for 48 weeks a year.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media