Aging Life Care Manager
- Older Adults Division - Your Elder Experts
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Aging Life Care Manager joins JF&CS and its well-established care management practice, Your Elder Experts. Your Elder Experts is one of the largest aging life care management practices in the Greater Boston area.
This position combines a unique set of skills – clinical, creativity, coaching/teaching, case management, collaborative, administrative and relationship building – to provide individuals, families/care partners, and providers with exceptional care management service. The goal is to help our clients navigate the challenges and transitions of aging to maximize choice, dignity, and engagement. Our services are one-time consultation, crisis management, or ongoing, day-to-day care management. The care manager works with clients in their homes, community settings, and virtually.
The Care Manager will be supervised by the Director of Your Elder Experts, participate in a small peer supervision group and will learn from and shadow members of the team. This is a full time position with benefits. Our program does not provide round the clock support to our clients; however, our client's needs do not always fit into regular business hours requiring us to be flexible. The team provides backup support for one another as needed as well as coverage for all days off.
Your workday will include:
- Evaluate and assess the strengths and needs of older adults and adults living with chronic illnesses.
- Educate and coach clients/families about options for care and resources available.
- Create, monitor, and manage dynamic, strength-based action plan that ensures appropriateness and safety of clients.
- Be at the ready to respond to shifting priorities based on acuity of need.
- Provide emotional support and facilitation/mediation for clients and their family/caregivers.
- Develop, maintain, and grow relationships with service providers/professionals through collaboration, consultation, networking and demonstrated excellence in service provision.
- Complete, accurate and comprehensive documentation on all work to ensure timely and seamless interface with electronics and billing systems.
- Be an active participant in staff meetings, supervision, and trainings.
What can you bring to this position?
- Keen understanding of and experience with cognitive, physical, mental, and emotional capacities of older adults to know which approaches will be most useful in creating effective interactions and care plans.
- Flexibility and initiative to manage crisis and on-going care management.
- Astute and creative problem-solving skills needed to provide person-centered, tailored services.
- Experience working with individuals with dementia highly desirable.
- Degree in social work (masters preferred), nursing or related field or 5+ years working in a similar position.
- Experience working with older adults or adults with chronic illnesses and their families/caregivers.
- Knowledge of community resources, entitlements, and private insurance systems.
Please have a car and a safe driving record as well as the ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media