- CHAI Services - Residential Programs
- Brighton, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for a Residence Manager with experience working with adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities, adults with complex medical needs, and older adults. A successful candidate is a leader who can manage and inspire staff and clients and who can oversee a complex program while providing a supportive and nurturing environment for all. Strong coaching skills and the flexibility and willingness to work hands-on are a must.
This is a full-time position of 40 hours/week, located in Brighton, MA.
Your workday will include:
- Supervising and training all program direct support professionals.
- Training new program direct support professionals on policies and procedures and individual client needs.
- Holding staff meetings and conduct necessary in-house trainings.
- Conducting regular supervisions with each direct support professional working in the program.
- Coordinating all program operations.
- Overseeing all client records.
- Maintaining the safety and cleanliness of the program.
- Ensuring all DDS and MAP regulations are followed.
- Coordinating all client care.
- Coordinating the case management of all clients
- Performing direct care and case management as needed.
- Communicating regularly with client families, day programs, and collateral treatment providers to ensure client needs are being met.
- Attend weekly Residence Manager's meetings
- Participate in weekly On Call Manager rotation
Physical demands of the job:
- May include lifting and supporting up to 50 lbs.
- May be required to bend, stoop, and kneel.
- May include lifting clients in and out of wheelchairs, beds and vehicles.
What can you bring to this position?
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or at least two years' experience working with people with disabilities, preferably in a residential setting.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to pass CORI, SORB at hire and CPR and Basic First Aid within the first 90 days of employment.
- Ability to pass MAP certification within first 6 months of employment.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including intermediate skills in Outlook and Word and basic skills in Excel or willingness to develop such skills within 90 days of hire.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.