Manager of Programming for Children with Special Needs
- CHAI Services - Respite and Recreation Programs
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JF&CS is hiring for a unique opportunity which combines leadership in the special needs arena with a part-time schedule. We're looking for a creative, organized, and high energy manager who can develop and lead excellent programs for children and families with special needs, while also pursuing new opportunities to expand our impact and effectiveness. You'll manage a team of part-time staff who are committed to providing quality, supportive services to our participants and families through a number of programs:
- Kids Connection Corner: a therapeutic respite and recreation program for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Sunday Swim & Sing: a respite and recreation program for children with severe neurological disabilities and their families
- SibShops: a recreation and support program for siblings of children with disabilities)
- Special Education Advocacy: a family advocacy program that helps children with special needs reach their full potential by helping families address immediate needs, manage transitions, and make plans for the future.
The successful candidate will be a key leader in our work'you will build relationships with families, participants, volunteers, and donors to to help identify needs and maximize our impact and resources, and you'll be responsible for full fiscal and operational oversight of these programs.
This is a part time position at 20 hours/week. This position requires working Sunday afternoons 1-2 times per month.
- Master's degree in social work, education, or human services preferred.
- At least two years of experience working with youth who have Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or intellectual disabilities.
- Experience supervising direct-service staff and volunteers.
- Experience developing and implementing social or recreational programs for youth with disabilities.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media