Bilingual Home Visitor/Family Support Advocate
- Center for Early Relationship Support Programs - Healthy Families
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Healthy Families Central Middlesex is an intensive weekly home visiting program for first-time parents 23 years of age and younger providing family advocacy and parental coaching. Family Support Advocates/Home Visitors are trained by Children's Trust and are employed by Jewish Family and Children's Service located in Waltham. The program goals are to prevent child abuse and neglect, support health and development of children, assist with parental education and economic self-sufficiency, promote optimal parental health and wellness and reduce repeat teen pregnancies. Our teamwork, training and work with families is currently being conducted with a combination of in-person home visits and virtually through Zoom, FaceTime, and WhatsApp.
The Family Support Advocate provides intensive outreach and home based service (currently combined with virtual) to pregnant or parenting moms and dads in the towns of Acton, Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Boxborough, Burlington, Cambridge, Carlisle, Concord, Lexington, Lincoln, Littleton, Needham, Newton, Somerville, Waltham, Watertown, Wellesley, Weston, Wilmington, Winchester and Woburn.
Your workday will include:
- Conducting regular home visits (using virtual meeting methods) with up to 15 families in the service area, building and maintaining relationships with family members and directly assisting the family prenatally, through pregnancy, delivery, and up through to the child's 3rd birthday
- Providing coaching and resources on a range of topics, including infant and child development, immunizations, positive nurturing routines, family planning, nutrition, breastfeeding, home safety and stress management
- Working closely with the Healthy Families team, conduct family assessments, develop and implement individualized family goal plans based on the family's goals
- Facilitating appropriate use of primary care and other services, track immunizations and referrals made
- Encouraging family members and co-parents to participate in family support services, social activities, parent education and health promotion activities
- Working with Healthy Families team to plan social activities and incentive programs for program participants, and assist in other partnership projects as needed
- Attending meetings of the Healthy Families team, participating in regular individual supervision, and attending scheduled staff development and extensive training programs
- Helping to insure continued linkage to primary care and family support services, and outreach to families in need of follow-up
- Collecting data, documenting all encounters on a web-based system, and participating in Healthy Families activities in accordance with all Healthy Families America standards
What can you bring to this position?
- Spanish proficiency required
- Bachelor's degree and or significant experience (3+ years) working with families and children
- Ability to establish trusting relationships, accepting of individual differences
- Willing and able to work with culturally diverse populations
- Open to reflective practice; capacity for self-reflection in relation to others
- Ability to work well in a team
- Knowledge of infant, child, and adolescent development
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point).
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media