Technical Support & Operations Manager
- Administration - Information Technology
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We need your technical support skills at Jewish Family & Children's Service. JF&CS seeks a Technical Support & Operations Manager interested in meaningful work that supports our mission of helping individuals and families build a strong foundation for resilience and well-being across the lifespan. For more than 150 years, JF&CS has focused on meeting the needs of new parents and their children, older adults and family caregivers, children and adults with disabilities, and people experiencing poverty, hunger, or domestic abuse. Come join an amazing service team as an IT leader.
The Tech Support & Operations Manager will oversee the IT service desk function, including support for end users, A/V equipment and purchasing. We're looking for someone who will always be listening and learning to help our staff stay connected and operate efficiently.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Oversee user support and IT assets, including but not limited to: MS Office products, email, Active Directory, Internet and Intranet use, printers and peripherals, VoIP, directory structure navigation, file directory access and A/V equipment. Provide technical support for Salesforce-based client database specifically for login, Active Directory management and basic troubleshooting. Manage System Administrator and Help-Desk Agent(s).
You'll thrive in this position if you are someone who . . .
- Communicates with clarity and compassion. You will understand how to de-escalate user anxiety by effectively communicating your plan to fix an issue.
- Is a data geek. You love to use data to help prioritize needs and learn what needs attention.
- Owns problems. You don't put off what needs to be done and you take responsibility for the work.
- Speaks up and offers ideas. You contribute your thoughts on improvements and new initiatives.
- Understands user needs. You are interested in the "why" of user needs, engaged in the important work we do and our mission.
Examples of your workday activities include
- Reviewing user tickets and supporting agent(s) in prioritizing their work
- Answering user tickets, documenting your work, and communicating your timeline to resolution
- Reviewing ticket metrics, including service-levels and trends; communicating your team's progress
- Handling the onboarding and offboarding of new employees
- Deploying new computers
- Troubleshooting A/V equipment issues
- Writing and sharing how-to articles
- Identifying user training needs and delivering training both 1:1 with users and in groups
This is a full-time position at 36.25 hours/week, located on site at our Waltham location with about 10% travel in the Greater Boston area and some opportunity for work from home when appropriate.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.