- Administration - Facilities Management
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you an organized, detail-oriented professional looking to apply your skills to a mission of compassionate human service? Jewish Family & Children's Service of Greater Boston invites you to apply for our position of Office Manager.
- Full-time, in-person environment at Waltham, MA location (possible additional locations)
- A hybrid role combining administrative, facilities, and supervisory responsibilities
- $60,000/year and excellent benefits
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Office Manager is a role for an experienced administrative professional looking to join a trusted organization where they can make a difference. Your workday may include:
- Overseeing day-to-day administrative operations of our Waltham office, with periodic support to offices in Brighton, Canton and Worcester
- Oversight and implementation of mail operations
- Managing relationships with office/facilities vendors (phone systems, plumbing, electrician, HVAC, handyman, etc) including contracts and invoicing
- Working with facilities professionals, including janitorial staff, HVAC repair vendors, and others
- Overseeing workspace assignments, desk phone/extension/voicemail, e-fax numbers and accommodations as needed for all JF&CS employees
- Supervising office assistants performing front desk reception and administrative tasks, including backup desk coverage
- Coordinating event plans with program staff, including room setup, parking, onsite vendors
- Managing office supply ordering system
- Performing additional tasks as needed which may include data collection/entry, project coordination, reporting, purchasing, etc
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Best-in field paid time off, including 22 days of vacation time, national and Jewish holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
- Immediate eligibility for insurance and benefits
- ○ Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- ○ Life Insurance
- ○ Pet Insurance
- ○ 403b Retirement Plans
- ○ Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
Ideal candidates for the role of Office Manager bring a mix of administrative experience, a mission-driven professional ethic, and adaptability to the needs of a fast-moving office environment.
A successful candidate is:
- A hands-on contributor that can switch between self-directed work, supervising a small team and managing vendor relationships for outsourced support.
- Flexible and resourceful
- Willing to take ownership of projects and issues as they arise
- Able to operate well in a team and be a collaborative colleague
- Organized and possessing excellent time management
- Comfortable with technology, able to learn and use a range of software systems to support productivity and efficiency
- Excellent at customer service and communication skills (written and oral)
- 5+ year experience with increasing responsibilities providing office or facilities support in an environment that requires professionalism, organization, relationship management.
- Strong customer service experience and background
- Ability to understand and communicate around basic office/facility needs
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel), as well as general comfort with computers
- Ability to be onsite daily and provide emergency coverage as-needed
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
ABOUT THE PROCESS
Applying for the position of Office Manager has the following requirements:
- A resume
- A cover letter (optional)
If you are selected for consideration, the hiring process could include:
- An initial phone screen
- An in-person interview
- A second interview with Human Resources and Information Technology departments
For more than 150 years, Jewish Family & Children's Service has been helping individuals and families build a strong foundation for resilience and well-being. We intentionally serve and employ people of all faiths, backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.
Our work is guided by core tenets of faith and commitment'not by bureaucratic processes or a desire to maximize profits. Our goal is to improve lives and improve the world'which is part of what makes JF&CS a special place.
We have a strong culture of professional development, work-life balance, and promoting from within.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media