Family Case Manager
- CHAI Services - Adult Family Care
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Adult Family Care (AFC) Care Manager will work with individuals and their families in the Adult Family Care program (funded through Mass Health). The Care Manager position is a unique opportunity to work directly with individuals with disabilities, while also being a resource and support for families. The Care Manager manages their own schedule, ensuring that all program requirements are completed by all deadlines.
This position is approximately 20 - 30 hours per week and is based out of our Waltham headquarters. Due to COVID-19, this position is currently operating on a hybrid schedule of in person and remote work. This is NOT a Direct-Care position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain a caseload of AFC clients, for whom you will coordinate their AFC programming. This includes visiting clients and their caregivers regularly, conducting assessments, offering support and guidance about community resources to families; and ensuring all client files and documentation are complete
- Work closely with the AFC staff team to identify and create trainings for clients/caregivers, educational activities/resources for clients, and program policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree or extensive experience.
- 2 years' experience in the care of elderly or adults with disabilities required
- A social work license from a Massachusetts Board of Registration in Social Work, preferred
- Ability to pass CPR and Basic First Aid within the first 6 months of employment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a valid driver's license and personal vehicle
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point)
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.