Aging Life Care Manager
- Older Adults Division - Your Elder Experts
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you an experienced elder care professional looking to work with older adults and their families navigating challenging life transitions? Do you want to join an organization with a great reputation for aging life care management, competitive pay and benefits, and supportive colleagues and managers?
Jewish Family & Children's Service of Greater Boston invites you to apply for our position of Aging Life Care Manager.
- Hybrid work environment between field visits and Waltham office
- Requirements: relevant experience working with older adults in a clinical, social work, or therapeutic setting
- Competitive benefits, work-life balance, and professional development available
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Aging Life Care Manager is a role for an experienced elder care professional looking to join a trusted organization where older adults and their families get the customized services they need. Your workday will include:
- Evaluating the strengths and needs of older adults and adults living with chronic illnesses
- Educating clients and their families/care partners about options and resources
- Creating and managing client-centered plans of care and adapting plans as needed
- Facilitating client and family/care team meetings and relationships
- Building relationships with community service providers and elder-care professionals
- Documenting care plans and care management
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Best-in field paid time off, including 22 days of vacation time, national and Jewish holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
- Immediate eligibility for insurance and benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plans
- Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
Positions operate on a hybrid model of work from our Waltham office and field visits.
Ideal candidates for the role of Care Manager bring a mix of clinical expertise, common sense, and flexibility to meet the needs of clients no matter their particular life circumstances.
A successful candidate is:
- Keenly aware of the cognitive, physical, mental, and emotional capacities of older adults
- Flexible and able to manage both ongoing care processes and unexpected challenges
- Deeply familiar with community resources, entitlements, and health insurance options and requirements
- An empathic listener that is able to create trusting relationships with clients and families
- Enthusiastic about a collaborative professional environment
- Meaningful prior experience working with older adults in a clinical setting. Examples include, but are not limited to, social work, allied health fields, nursing, gerontology and dementia care
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Outlook
- Excellent teamwork, communication, listening, leadership, and instruction skills
- A valid driver's license and a reliable, insured vehicle
ABOUT THE PROCESS
Applying for the position of Care Manager - Your Elder Experts has the following requirements:
- A current resume
- A cover letter explaining how your unique experience fits the position
If you are selected for consideration, the hiring process could include:
- An initial phone screen
- An in-person interview with the director and potentially other team members
- Additional hiring requirements as needed
For more than 150 years, Jewish Family & Children's Service has been helping individuals and families build a strong foundation for resilience and well-being. We intentionally serve and employ people of all faiths, backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.
Our work is guided by core tenets of faith and commitment'not by bureaucratic processes or a desire to maximize profits. Our goal is to improve lives and improve the world'which is part of what makes JF&CS a special place.
We have a strong culture of professional development, work-life balance, and promoting from within.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion.