Assistant Director Of Residential Services
- CHAI Services - Residential Programs
- Brighton, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Assistant Director of Residential Services is responsible for the oversight and operation of 24-hour residential programs for people with disabilities. Reporting to the Director of DDS Residential Services, this individual will ensure that JF&CS' residential programs promote the health and safety of participants, demonstrate person-centered practices and meet or exceed all applicable agency and regulatory standards. This position supervises up to 3 managers.
This is a full time position of 40 hours/week. Annual salary is $60,000.
Essential Job Functions:
Supervision, Training and Evaluation of Staff
- Supervise and train up to 3 Residence Managers
- Play a significant role in the hiring and onboarding process for Residence Managers and Program Coordinators
- Establish performance standards for Residence Managers and Program Coordinators
- Ensure performance evaluations are completed to agency standards and within established time frames
- Participate in/lead Residence Manager meetings
- Develop training protocols for direct care staff and ensure implementation
- Oversee corrective action processes pertaining to direct care and management staff
- Ensure all licensing and JF&CS requirements are met, including shift documentation, service plans, incident reports and participant health care records
- Develop and maintain appropriate staff schedules to ensure adherence to contracts and quality programming
- Train managers and ensure compliance with DDS and JF&CS program standards
- Establish a culture of customer service within residential programs
- Ensure that families receive regular, appropriate and respectful communication from managers and staff
- Oversee the maintenance, safety and cleanliness of the programs
- Ensure all MAP procedures are followed
- Participate in On Call Manager rotation
- Ensure ISP and medical management requirements are met and documented
- Ensure participants have ongoing social, recreational and enrichment opportunities
- Support Residence Managers in communicating with families and DDS
- Monitor appropriateness of placements and advocate for changes when needed
What can you bring to this position?
- Bachelor's Degree in related field; minimum of 3 years' experience in a supervisory role within an agency providing residential services to people with disabilities
- Familiarity with DDS regulations
- Valid MA driver's license and reliable transportation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and oral and written communication skills
- Proficient clinical writing skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and evaluate information and data
- Ability to pass First Aid/CPR/MAP trainings
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Intermediate Skills in Outlook and Word and basic skills in Excel
As part of the Jewish Family & Children's Service team, you and your qualified dependents have access to a comprehensive suite of benefits.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plans
- Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Comprehensive Paid Time Off including Vacation, Sick, and Holidays
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.