Awake Overnight Residential Specialist
- CHAI Services - Residential Programs
- Brighton, MA, USA
- Full Time & Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you a compassionate, organized, and enthusiastic professional committed to social justice and equity for people of all abilities? Do you want to join a supportive and thoughtfully-managed community that offers competitive benefits, meaningful experience, and unparalleled opportunities for professional development?
Jewish Family & Children's Service of Greater Boston invites you to apply for our position of Awake Overnight Residential Specialist.
- In-person environment in Brighton, MA location; several shifts available
- An excellent role for recent graduates or those with transferable skills in service or hospitality settings
- $18/hr with excellent benefits
- Part-time and full-time shift schedules available
- $1,000 sign-on bonus for FULL-TIME, 30+ hour hires
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Awake Overnight Residential Specialist works with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and psychiatric needs in community residential settings. Residential Specialists support clients in both apartment and group living settings, assisting clients with independent living skills, goal planning and tracking, and accessing care as needed. Your workday will include:
- Assisting with independent living skills, including personal care/hygiene, food preparation, social events and community celebrations, facilitating friendships, and more
- Developing and keeping relevant records on clients' treatment plans
- Coordinating client care, including administering medication, travel and paperwork assistance at health appointments, and helping with nutrition and health planning
- Thursday-Sunday 10:30pm-8:30am: 40hrs / Female Preferred
- Friday-Sunday 10:30pm-8:30am: 30hrs / Female Preferred
- Sunday & Wednesday 10:30pm-8:30am: 20hrs
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Best-in field paid time off, including 22 days of vacation time, national and Jewish holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
- Immediate eligibility for insurance and benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plans
- Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
Ideal candidates for the role Awake Overnight Residential Specialist bring a positive attitude, empathic interpersonal skills, and common sense.
A successful candidate is:
- A collaborative colleague eager to join a supportive and engaged team
- Socially intelligent and comfortable around clients with different needs and ability levels
- Patient and adaptive to clients' day-to-day needs
- Organized and able to keep up with records and paperwork
- A great verbal and written communicator and an empathic listener
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Relevant experience with human service roles or with people with disabilities
- Ability to pass CPR and Basic First Aid within the first 30 days of employment
- Ability to pass MAP within the first 6 months of employment
- Ability to be flexible in schedule
- Ability to pass a CORI check
- A valid driver's license
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
ABOUT THE PROCESS
Applying for the position of Residential Specialist has the following requirements:
- A resume
- A cover letter (optional)
- COVID-19 vaccination & proof of vaccine
If you are selected for consideration, the hiring process could include:
- An initial phone screen
- An in-person interview, potentially including clients
**In compliance with federal vaccine mandates, COVID-19 vaccination & proof of vaccine will be required prior to employment or employees must have an approved exemption for medical or religious reasons by the first day of employment with JF&CS.**
For more than 150 years, Jewish Family & Children's Service has been helping individuals and families build a strong foundation for resilience and well-being. We intentionally serve and employ people of all faiths, backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.
Our work is guided by core tenets of faith and commitment not by bureaucratic processes or a desire to maximize profits. Our goal is to improve lives and improve the world which is part of what makes JF&CS a special place.
We have a strong culture of professional development, work-life balance, and promoting from within.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.