Mental Health and Wellness Engagement Manager
- - Older Adults Division
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is an exciting opportunity for a master's level social worker or someone with similar credentials. This position focuses on creative, social, and support group activities for older adults and those who care about them, and on building collaborations with other providers.
You will use a prevention lens to impact older individuals and aging service provider organizations looking for practical ways to improve body, mind and spirit at home and in community.
You will have the opportunity to apply your skills to a variety of activities – community collaboration, program planning, group work, education and training workshops, and consultation.
The Mental Health and Wellness Engagement Manager maintains and grows community collaborations where JF&CS can add value by leveraging our resources to fill gaps in service around mental health and wellness needs of older adults and providers.
JF&CS has a reputation for supporting older adults and aging service providers in addressing what it means to create caring communities at the individual and organizational level. The Mental Wellness Engagement Manager will draw from existing work by JF&CS and develop new scalable approaches that positively affect mental health and wellness.
This position offers a remote and in-person model of flexible employment. Some activities will require you to be in-person in Waltham and in the community while others will involve hybrid and on-line activity.
This is a full-time position of 36.25 hours per week with benefits. We provide both individual and peer group supervision.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
During your workday, you will:
- Attends coalition meetings and outreach to build new partnerships with community organizations to identify service gaps and collaborate on programming.
- Address challenges around access to mental health and wellness programs by partnering with organizations serving diverse constituents.
- Develop, provide and/or outsource workshops and training for older adults and providers.
- Team up with other JF&CS program staff around creating scope of work and enhancing outreach to clients and organizations.
- Oversee reporting, budgeting and deliverables for specific mental health and wells projects/services.
- Use client management system to track and document all aspects of client-interfacing work.
- Supervise staff and interns as appropriate.
What can you bring to this position?
- Master's Degree in Social Work or related field required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with older adults.
- Aptitude for and excitement around providing education, training, and facilitation with groups of adults or providers.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
Physical Requirements: None
Please have a car and a safe driving record
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Best-in field paid time off, including 22 days of vacation time, national and Jewish holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
- Immediate eligibility for insurance and benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plans
- Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media