Support Group Facilitator and Community Outreach Manager
- - Older Adults Division
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you interested in a meaningful and high-impact role helping people through life challenges associated with aging, loss, caregiving and isolation?
Do you have experience facilitating support groups related to mental wellbeing?
Would you enjoy community outreach and education'helping groups within the Jewish community to talk and learn about support for mental wellness?
Jewish Family & Children's Service of Greater Boston invites you to apply for our position of Support Group Facilitator and Community Outreach Manager!
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you'll facilitate a range of support groups each week'each with 5 – 15 participants. You'll work with people facing the challenges of illness, loss, or isolation'in an environment which fosters connection, hope, comfort, and support.
You'll also provide workshops, training and guidance to a range of synagogues and Jewish communal organizations'building mental wellness awareness and skills, and connecting individuals to a range of community supports.
As part of JF&CS's Betty Ann Greenbaum Miller Center for Jewish Healing, you'll join an organization guided by a combination of social work best practices and Jewish tradition. You will serve the needs of the Jewish community, while also helping people of all faiths, backgrounds, and identities with the challenges of life.
- Bachelor's degree required. Graduate degree in counseling, social work or related field preferred
- Hybrid work environment including remote/home, Waltham office and Greater Boston community outreach
- We are seeking a full-time team member, but are also open to part-time hours for the right individual
- Excellent benefits and best-in field paid time off, including 22 days of vacation time, national and Jewish holidays
The ideal candidate is/has:
- Outstanding human service skills, with solid experience facilitating support groups
- Interest in and knowledge of aging, end-of-life, bereavement, chronic illness, and/or caregiving
- Excellent communication and group leadership skills
- Creativity, curiosity and initiative to create top-notch programming
- Desire to work as part of a committed team of human service professionals
- Some knowledge of Jewish traditions
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite and standard office technologies
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
To apply: Please include a current resume and cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for this role. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
**In compliance with federal vaccine mandates, COVID-19 vaccination & proof of vaccine will be required prior to employment or have requested and received an approved exemption for medical or religious reasons from JF&CS.**
For more than 150 years, Jewish Family & Children's Service has been helping individuals and families build a strong foundation for resilience and well-being. We intentionally serve and employ people of all faiths, backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.
Our work is guided by core tenets of faith and commitment not by bureaucratic processes or a desire to maximize profits. Our goal is to improve lives and improve the world which is part of what makes JF&CS a special place.
We have a strong culture of professional development, work-life balance, and promoting from within.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.