Family Support Partner
- Center for Early Relationship Support Programs - Conexiones Tempranas
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time & Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Early Connections/ Conexiones Tempranas (ECCT) is a newly funded project of the Center for Early Relationship Support (CERS) at Jewish Family and Children Service (JF&CS), provides clinical and support services to address traumatic stress and build resilience in children ages birth to five and their families. Services will be offered in Waltham and surrounding communities, with a particular focus on Latino immigrant families. Early Connections/ Conexiones Tempranas (ECCT) is funded by a grant from the National Child Traumatic Stress Network, a project of the U.S. Department of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services.
The Early Connections/ Conexiones Tempranas (ECCT) Family Support Partner will work collaboratively with ECCT clinicians, families and other professionals to access community resources, enhance parenting skills, navigate special education and public child-serving agencies, and empower parents to advocate effectively for themselves. The Family Support Partner will draw on their own life experiences as a parent or caregiver in order to help educate and support other families with similar circumstances. The Early Connections/ Conexiones Tempranas Family Support Partner is a member of the ECCT team and will report to the Project Director. The position offers a flexible schedule of 3-4 days per week, with the possibility of a full-time role if desired.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct initial interview of prospective clients/participants to determine the priorities for services based on the presenting needs, gathering preliminary demographic information for funding and grant purposes
- Conduct regular home visits in the city of Waltham and neighboring towns to support mother-baby relationship, meet concrete needs and connect with services. Visits will occur in the community and/or family's place of residence.
- Assist and promote the family's understanding and access to community resources (health centers, WIC, DTA, EI, school system or others as needed)
- Monitor family progress and in consultation with supervisor, and revise service plans as needed.
- When appropriate, advocate with family and children within the education system by attending school meetings and participating in the development of any school plans or IEP's, work with families to help them advocate within other systems such as the courts, state agencies and community programs
- Participate in community meetings and conduct outreach to groups in the community as needed.
- Maintain accurate record keeping in accordance with program guidelines, including data entry in the agency reporting systems
- Participate as a member of the staff team in Waltham office.
- Represent JF&CS, CERS and Early Connections/ Conexiones Tempranas community coalitions and meetings.
- Additional duties as specified.
- Openness to and prior experience working with diverse families and cultures in a sensitive and competent manner.
- Experience working collaboratively with a team and community services.
- Willingness to travel within Waltham and the surrounding communities.
- Post high school experience working with families and children.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point).
- Candidates in the community and with life experience related to Early Intervention, home visiting or other strongly encouraged to apply.
- The position involves travel to community-based locations and client homes, so a valid MA Driver's License or access to transportation is required.