Bilingual Parent-Child Clinician
- Center for Early Relationship Support Programs - Conexiones Tempranas
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time & Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Early Connections/ Conexiones Tempranas (ECCT), is an exciting new project of the Center for Early Relationship Support (CERS), that provides clinical and support services to address traumatic stress and build resilience in children ages birth to five and their families. Services are offered in Waltham and surrounding communities, with a particular focus on Latino immigrant families. ECCT is funded by a grant from the National Child Traumatic Stress Network, a project of the U.S. Department of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services.
The ECCT Clinician will provide evidenced-based and/or evidence-informed Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health (IECMH) interventions in home and community settings to pregnant women and families of children from 0-5 years of age, who are facing early relationship challenges related to trauma exposure. The treatment will focus on issues of maternal self-efficacy, mood and affect regulation, and will support positive dyadic interactions and promote healthy infant and child development.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide evidenced-based and/or evidence-informed Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health (IECMH) interventions to pregnant women and 0-5 year olds and their parents impacted by trauma.
- Promote parental capacities for understanding and addressing the impact of trauma in their own and their children's lives.
- Enhance the quality of parent-child relationships through supporting positive, pleasurable interactions and capacities for play.
- Build collaborative relationships with community providers to promote relationship-based practice and promote best practices for addressing trauma in young children.
- Participate in all program trainings, including Child-Parent Psychotherapy, Circle of Security-Parenting, Motivational Interviewing, TF-CBT and Reflective Function.
- Maintain accurate record keeping in accordance with program guidelines, including data entry in the agency reporting system.
- Learn all data instruments and participate in data collection.
- Meet regularly in supervision with Program Director.
- Participate as a member of the staff team in Waltham office.
- Represent JF&CS, CERS and ECCT in community coalitions and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Public Health or related field required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working with young children or parent-child dyads. TF-CBT and/or Child-Parent Psychotherapy training/rostering preferred or willingness to get trained.
- Experience providing trauma-informed treatment.
- Must work effectively and comfortably with individuals and families from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point).
- Access to private transportation and willingness to travel to clients' homes required.