Open Application for Internship - PAID Internship as a Clinical Case Manager
- CHAI Services - Supported Housing
- Brighton, MA, USA
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you a compassionate, organized, and enthusiastic graduate student committed to social justice and equity for people of all abilities?
Do you want to join a supportive and thoughtfully-managed team that offers meaningful experience, unparalleled opportunities for professional development, and compensation for your second-year graduate school internship?
Jewish Family & Children's Service of Greater Boston invites you to apply for an internship opportunity in the role of Clinical Case Manager!
- 24 hours/week with a flexible schedule that can be worked out with your supervisor around your class schedule.
- Compensation includes $15/hour and mileage reimbursement
- Weekly clinical supervision provided
- Responsibilities include providing case management, coaching, and supportive counseling to adults with a range of disabilities, primarily Autism Spectrum Disorder and mental health needs, in community and in home settings.
About the Role:
The Clinical Case Manager Intern will partner with clients to set goals and develop strategies to meet those goals, in areas including financial management, social skills, organization strategies, and community integration. There is also the opportunity to run groups focused on social pragmatics and social connections.
Your workday will include:
- Supporting the client to achieve independent living and social goals
- Communicating effectively with the client and their family
- Ensuring the client receives meaningful educational opportunities
- Managing client cases, including writing daily service logs, daily goal tracking, monthly progress notes, annual assessments, incident reporting, and updating files
- Collaborating with team to ensure constent delivery of services
- Attending required staff meetings, supervisions and professional development
Ideal candidates for the role of Clinical Case Manager Intern bring a positive attitude, empathic interpersonal skills, and common sense.
A successful candidate is:
- A collaborative colleague eager to join a supportive and engaged team
- Socially intelligent and comfortable around clients with different needs and ability levels
- Patient and adaptive to clients' day-to-day needs
- Organized and able to keep up with records and paperwork
- A great verbal and written communicator and an empathic listener
- Enrollment in a graduate program in social work or related field
- Ability to commit to 24 hours per week for at least 2 semesters – 23 hours of work and one hour of clinical supervision with LICSW
- Relevant experience working with people with disabilities
- A valid driver's license and own vehicle. Mileage is reimbursed.
- CPR and First Aid certifications (or ability to pass within the first 30 days of employment)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
**In compliance with federal vaccine mandates, COVID-19 vaccination & proof of vaccine will be required prior to employment or employees must have an approved exemption for medical or religious reasons by the first day of employment with JF&CS.**
To apply for this internship opportunity, please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining your interest and relevant experience.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.