Mental Health Case Manager
- CHAI Services - Disability Lifespan Solutions
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Mental Health Case Manager joins a customer service and results-oriented team of information and referral specialists at JF&CS. As an extension to Mental Health Connect, the Mental Health Case Manager provides extensive follow-up and support through short-term case management to callers dealing with acute, complex issues. This position helps people with a variety of mental health needs and their family members by connecting them to relevant community resources and benefits, including housing, benefits, and mental health and medical care, and providing coaching to help them address other immediate challenges in their daily lives.
The majority of the support provided by the Mental Health Case Manager will be done over the phone and via email, some in-person work with callers may also be required. Researching and updating resource information and collaborating with internal and external colleagues are also important aspects of the job. This is a position for someone who is passionate about providing exceptional customer service.
This is a Monday-Friday, full-time position. This is a hybrid position, with the expectation that at least 2 days/week will be done at our Waltham office.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluate and assess the caller's need for services and resources; research options; assemble and provide up-to-date information tailored to the caller's situation.
- Case management, which may include coordination and assistance with application and recertification for health care, housing, and SNAP (food stamp) benefits, housing searches, etc.
- Identify and coordinate services with outside providers and agencies, such as therapists, psychiatrists, housing authorities, etc.
- Provide clinically appropriate supportive counseling founded on the empowerment model of service.
- Continually research, develop and maintain resource and referral information that meets the needs of individuals with disabilities, mental health needs, older adults, and families/caregivers.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and documentation in ECM.
- Provide high quality, compassionate and ethical care to clients
- Become an active, collaborative member of the JF&CS teams, including the Access Team, Mental Health team, CHAI Services Division, and Services for Older Adults Division
- Act as a role model to individuals by displaying proper dress, language, and interpersonal skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Intermediate Skills in Outlook and Word and basic skills in Excel or willingness to develop such skills within 90 days of hire.
- Knowledge and utilization of ECM on a regular/daily basis.
- Master's degree in relevant field preferred. Those without a master's degree will be considered if they have extensive relevant experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the needs of children and adults with disabilities is required.
- At least 3 years' professional experience providing consumer support/case management.
- Familiarity with disability and mental health resources, specifically in the Boston area
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and comfort with internet navigation.
Please include a cover letter with your resume.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.