IT Help Desk Support
- Administration - Information Technology
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Have you been working in customer service or IT support? Are you a motivated college student or new graduate who hopes to start a career in information technology? Are you thinking about a career change to work in IT?
Do you have a strong desire to help people?
Jewish Family & Children's Service of Greater Boston invites you to apply to launch your career as working as part of our IT Help Desk. This is a FT benefits eligible position.
- Gain valuable hands-on experience while providing tech support to 300+ employees
- Opportunity to join a supportive and inclusive organization
ABOUT THE ROLE
This IT Help Desk position is a role for someone new in their career (1+ years helpdesk experience), a college student/new grad currently enrolled in an Information Technology or similar program, or someone who is switching careers and has taken IT/help desk coursework. Your workday responsibilities include:
- Field incoming help requests from end users via ticket system, telephone, and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from staff submitting requests.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve problems for users regarding common PC software and hardware problems, end-user equipment, software and hardware, work-from-home issues, and networking problems; and communicate solutions to end-users.
- Document and track progress on solutions in ticket system and communicate/close issues when resolved.
- Support use of scanners, copiers, printers, monitors, and other peripherals and assist with various IT-related services, such as cell and telephone networks and on occasion A/V equipment.
Ideal candidates for the role of IT Help Desk Intern bring a mix of:
- High level of technical proficiency in Office365 applications, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to trouble-shoot end-user problems with hardware, peripherals, and software.
- Understanding and prior use of security infrastructure such as firewalls, multi-factor authentication and mobile device management.
- Strong work ethic and ability to maintain confidentiality.
ABOUT THE PROCESS
Applying for the position of IT Help Desk has the following requirements:
- A current resume
- A cover letter
If you are selected for consideration, the hiring process could include:
- An initial phone screen
- An in-person interview with team members
- Background check
- 3 References, including two professional references
- Copy of transcript
For more than 150 years, Jewish Family & Children's Service has been helping individuals and families build a strong foundation for resilience and well-being. We intentionally serve and employ people of all faiths, backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.
Our work is guided by core tenets of faith and commitment not by bureaucratic processes or a desire to maximize profits. Our goal is to improve lives and improve the world which is part of what makes JF&CS a special place.
We have a strong culture of professional development, work-life balance, and promoting from within.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.