- - Institutional Advancement
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jewish Family & Children's Service is seeking a full-time Development Associate to play a critical role in a high-impact nonprofit providing direct services in the areas of mental health, economic insecurity, Holocaust survivor services, services for older adults, services for people with disabilities, and services for young families.
The Development Associate is a key member of the JF&CS Institutional Advancement Team, which encompasses fundraising, marketing, and volunteer services.
This position is a great entry point, or next step, in a nonprofit fundraising career, with a seasoned supervisor who will train and support you. The Development Associate will have responsibility for processing and acknowledging donations, tracking them in a comprehensive fundraising database, and researching donors and potential donors. The ideal candidate is highly detailed-oriented, curious, resourceful, and comfortable with technology.
Reports to: Development Operations Manager
- Tracking donations in our database
- Generating fundraising reports from our database
- Training staff on use of the database
- Acknowledging donations through thank you letters and other outreach
- Researching donors and prospective donors, creating profiles for database
- Other duties as assigned
- High comfort with computers, including knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat. Knowledge of or experience with databases is a plus.
- Careful attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal, communications and writing skills.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Keen problem-solving skills.
- Sense of humor.
- Administrative or development experience is a plus.
Compensation, Schedule, and Benefits:
- This is a full time, 36.25 hours/week role.
- Salary range is $38,000-$42,000/year
- The role comes with the following benefits:
- Best-in field paid time off, including 22 days of vacation time, plus national and Jewish holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
- Immediate eligibility for insurance and benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plans
- Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
To apply for this position, please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications.
**In compliance with federal vaccine mandates, COVID-19 vaccination & proof of vaccine will be required prior to employment or employees must have an approved exemption for medical or religious reasons by the first day of employment with JF&CS.**
For more than 150 years, Jewish Family & Children's Service has been helping individuals and families build a strong foundation for resilience and well-being. We intentionally serve and employ people of all faiths, backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.
Our work is guided by core tenets of faith and commitment not by bureaucratic processes or a desire to maximize profits. Our goal is to improve lives and improve the world which is part of what makes JF&CS a special place.
We have a strong culture of professional development, work-life balance, and promoting from within.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.