- Center for Early Relationship Support Programs - Visiting Moms
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JF&CS is looking for a Home Visitor to join our Visiting Moms team!
Visiting Moms, a program of the Center for Early Relationship Support (CERS) at Jewish Family and Children's Service, provides home visits to parents with babies from birth through the baby's first birthday. The program is staffed by a team of supervisors who support and oversee experienced, trained mothers who volunteer to provide free, weekly visits to new parents. The Visiting Moms Boston/Waltham Team also utilizes paid staff to provide weekly home visits and more intensive support to high-risk/high-need families.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Home Visitor is responsible for providing emotional support, education, advocacy, case management and referrals for parents with multiple, complex needs, including lack of access to adequate housing, immigration-related issues, unemployment, domestic violence, lack of partner support, and other trauma-related issues. The Home Visitor is a member of the Boston/Waltham Team, which includes volunteers, interns and Spanish-speaking Staff Home Visitors and is supervised by the Director of the Visiting Moms Program/Boston/Waltham Team Supervisor.
This is a part time position of 15-20 hours per week based out of our Waltham office. Candidates hired at 20 hours per week are eligible for benefits. This position reports to Director of Visiting Moms Program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct weekly home visits in the Greater Boston area, building and maintaining relationships with family members and directly assisting the family from birth to the newborn's first birthday.
- Monitor family progress; with supervisor,
- Help promote family linkage to primary care, family support, parent education, health promotion and community activities.
- Participate in bi-weekly supervision, quarterly CERS staff meetings, and ongoing staff development and training opportunities.
- Maintain accurate electronic records in accordance with program guidelines.
- May perform additional duties as needed or requested.
An ideal candidate will have...
- Experience working with diverse families and populations. Direct parenting experience required.
- Access to a car and a valid driver's license. Legally authorized to work in U.S.
- Familiarity with Boston neighborhoods, particularly Dorchester, Roxbury, and Mattapan. Boston residency a plus.
- Maturity, flexibility, ablility to work independently, and have strong interpersonal skills.
- BA preferred but not required.
- Candidates with life experience dealing with trauma related issues and/or a home visiting experience strongly encouraged to apply.
The role comes with the following benefits for candidates working at least 20 hours:
- Best-in field paid time off, including a prorated 22 days of vacation time, national and Jewish holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
- Immediate eligibility for insurance and benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plans
- Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
ABOUT THE PROCESS
Applying for the position of Home Visitor has the following requirements:
- A current resume
- A cover letter
- COVID vaccination and proof of vaccine
If you are selected for consideration, the hiring process could include:
- An initial phone screen
- An in-person interview with team members
- Background check
- 3 References, including two professional references
- Copy of diploma
- Other hiring requirements
**In compliance with federal vaccine mandates, COVID-19 vaccination & proof of vaccine will be required prior to employment or employees must have an approved exemption for medical or religious reasons by the first day of employment with JF&CS.**
For more than 150 years, Jewish Family & Children's Service has been helping individuals and families build a strong foundation for resilience and well-being. We intentionally serve and employ people of all faiths, backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.
Our work is guided by core tenets of faith and commitment not by bureaucratic processes or a desire to maximize profits. Our goal is to improve lives and improve the world which is part of what makes JF&CS a special place.
We have a strong culture of professional development, work-life balance, and promoting from within.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media