Human Resources Coordinator
- Administration - Human Resources
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Human Resources Coordinator (HRC) will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities, helping us to plan and administer important services for JF&CS departments. As an HR Coordinator, you will utilize your outstanding skills in time management, communication, organization, and problem-solving. The successful Coordinator will learn about JF&CS to understand and appreciate that our people are our most important asset, and that HR is a vital function to their success. The HR department is a team of 2, ensuring that there will be ample opportunity to grow in the role and stretch your abilities to learn more and gain more experience in the HR field. As a human services organization, our people are the center of the work that we do. HR at JF&CS makes a significant difference to our staff who are supporting clients and improving their lives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support managers through the hiring process. Optimize job descriptions for search optimization through recruitment research of key terms and appropriate job titles.
- Post jobs to recruitment page or job boards as strategy suggests
- Process candidates through applicant tracking system.
- Preemployment communication, paperwork, and scheduling
- Facilitate smooth new hire onboarding and offboarding process, including all administrative tasks and new hire orientation.
- Processes offboarding activities such as exit interviews, benefit termination, account deactivation, and separation paperwork.
- Assist with the planning of employee events and celebrations.
- Assist employees with general HR-related questions, including benefits and time & attendance.
Employee Benefit Support
- Administer employee benefit changes.
- Manage FMLA leave administration process from the employee's initial notice of the need for leave to the return to work, coordinating with managers as necessary.
- Report, maintain, and monitor all workers' compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Maintain employee records in the HRIS, ensuring completion and accuracy of details.
- Organize and manage paper and digital personnel files including regular filing, conduct routine file audits, and purge files to ensure compliance and confidentiality standards are being met.
- Support managers with employee status changes; enter changes as needed in HRIS.
- Assist with record audits and mandatory reports, which may include I-9 audits, EEO-1 filings, payroll audits, and other compliance reviews.
- Prepare employee Verification of Employment or Insurance letters as needed.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Participate in the DE&I committee
- Develop and implement diversity recruitment programs that reach diverse prospective employees
- Recommend and support implementation of DE&I policies for the organization
HR Projects (Training Coordination)
- Oversee Employee Compliance Training, including managing online Learning Management System.
- Assign, track, and report on employee training compliance to managers and executive team leaders.
- Create, maintain, and distribute annual training calendar.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training, and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments simultaneously.
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office Suite, HR Systems, and software applications).
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and problem-solving approach.
- Excellent judgment skills. Must have a high level of integrity and be able to respect, protect and maintain a strict level of confidentiality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels in the organization.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We acknowledge and respect the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and are committed to creating and maintaining an environment that is welcoming of all and celebrates the uniqueness of those we serve, staff, volunteers, donors, and business partners.