Program Manager - Emergency Financial Assistance
- - Center for Basic Needs Assistance - Emergency Financial Assistance
- MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PROGRAM MANAGER- EMERGENCY FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE:
- This is a full-time position
- The salary range is $60-70,000
- This position is hybrid where your schedule will include time in our Waltham office and working from home
- Generous paid time off (holiday, vacation and sick)
For more than 150 years, Jewish Family & Children's Service has been helping individuals and families of build a strong foundation for resilience and well-being. We intentionally serve and employ people of all faiths, backgrounds, cultures, and abilities. Through an integrated portfolio of more than 40 programs reaching communities throughout Eastern and Central Massachusetts, JF&CS focuses on meeting the needs of new parents and their children, older adults and family caregivers, children and adults with disabilities, and people experiencing poverty, hunger, or domestic abuse.
ABOUT OUR EMERGENCY FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM AT JF&CS
The Emergency Financial Assistance (EFA) program is one of five programs of the Center for Basic Needs Assistance (CBNA) which provides integrated and coordinated services for individuals and families struggling with economic stability. The Program Manager and the EFA case managers work closely and collaboratively with colleagues from our domestic abuse, legal services, food pantry and holocaust services program.
Our exceptionally committed multidisciplinary team works together to remove barriers for low income individual and families.
While the Emergency Financial Assistance Program has a specific mission to serve the Jewish community, services are available to all members of the community regardless of religion. This job opportunity is open to all qualified candidates regardless of religious affiliation.
The Program Manager for the Emergency Financial Assistance (EFA) program plays a central role on the CBNA team by overseeing the financial assistance and case management services. The Program Manager supervises the team of three EFA case managers, carries a client case load, and is the liaison with our many collaborating partners, both within JF&CS and in the broader community.
The EFA Program Manager is part of the CBNA Managers Group and is also a member of the JF&CS Leadership Team.
WHAT YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO:
- Being part of a supportive, creative, and collaborative team
- Satisfaction of having made a significant and tangible difference in the lives of our clients
- Receiving supervision and mentoring from an experienced social worker
- Utilizing and developing your supervisory skills
- Applying your skills in an environment focused on respectful and high-quality services for low-income people
- The opportunity for advancement within your role and the agency
- Contributing to the continued improvement of our services
JOB DESCRIPTION (these responsibilities are a general summary and not all inclusive):
This position is an exciting opportunity to do direct client work, while also building leadership, supervisory and management skills in a supportive environment.
- Provide case management services for low-come clients experiencing economic instability. Includes assisting clients in prioritizing needs, making action plans, and connecting with appropriate resources in the community. 40-50% of this role is direct client services.
- Supervise three case managers and facilitate team meetings.
- Manage allocation and tracking of financial assistance funds for direct client assistance.
- Schedule and facilitate cross team collaboration meetings with partners within JF&CS and in the broader community.
- Build relationships with key community organizations and referral sources.
- Support the team in documenting client work and making use client data for learning and program development.
- Act as a liaison for our seasonal projects including Summer Camp Scholarships, Holiday Gift Card Drive and the Holiday Meal Delivery program.
- Model and promote our commitment to excellent customer service for clients and colleagues.
- Contribute to our collaborative and team-oriented environment and emphasis on continued learning and improvement.
EDUCATIONAL, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIEMENT
- Advanced degree in Social Work is preferable.
- Experience working with individuals and families who are experiencing a short-term crisis as well as ongoing economic instability.
- Ability to work and advocate in a collaborative style with diverse ethnic, cultural, linguistic, and socio-economic groups, as well as diversity based on ability/disability, sexual orientation, and religion.
- A desire to work for a mission driven organization that is guided by the values of social responsibility, compassion, and respect for all members of the community.
- An excellent solution-focused problem solver!
- An understanding of the impact of trauma and the stress of ongoing poverty on the wellbeing of individuals and families.
- A commitment to recognizing and advocating against the impact of systemic and structural oppression and racism.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Reliable and predictable transportation for in office days.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office computer programs (Excel, Word, Outlook) and willingness to learn and use technology for documentation and communication.
- A desire to learn from data about the impact of our services and an interest in using data for future planning.
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Best-in field paid time off, including 22 days of vacation time, plus national and Jewish holidays
- 15 Sick days per year with carryover
- Mileage reimbursement
- Hybrid work schedule
- Immediate eligibility for insurance and benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plans
- Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance