Volunteer Group Supervisor: Rubin Visiting Moms Program
- Center for Early Relationship Support Programs - Visiting Moms
- MA, USA
- Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
VOLUNTEER GROUP SUPERVISOR: RUBIN VISITING MOM PROGRAM
For more than 150 years, Jewish Family & Children's Service has been helping individuals and families of build a strong foundation for resilience and well-being. We intentionally serve and employ people of all faiths, backgrounds, cultures, and abilities. Through an integrated portfolio of more than 40 programs reaching communities throughout Eastern and Central Massachusetts, JF&CS focuses on meeting the needs of new parents and their children, older adults and family caregivers, children and adults with disabilities, and people experiencing poverty, hunger, or domestic abuse.
ABOUT THE LAUREN AND MARK RUBIN VISITINIG MOMS PROGRAM
The Lauren and Mark Rubin Visiting Moms program, housed within the Center for Early Relationship Support (CERS) for more than 30 years, provides free, home-based support to parents with babies under one year by matching them with trained, experienced volunteers for weekly home visits through the baby's first birthday. The Visiting Moms Supervisor assumes responsibility for the overall quality of service delivered to families, as well as coordination and supervision of program delivery. This includes supporting outreach to referral partners, conducting intakes with prospective clients, and supervising and supporting a group of volunteers who provide home visits within a designated geographic service area. In addition, the Supervisor, as part of a team of supervisors, oversees community outreach and collaboration, interviews and trains potential volunteers, provides periodic ongoing trainings to volunteers, and is committed to the ongoing growth and success of the Visiting Moms program.
JF&CS is recruiting for two (2) part time Volunteer Group Supervisor poistions for the Rubin Visiting Moms Program. The service areas for these two positions are 1) the south suburbs of Boston and 2) Central Mass suburbs. The volunteer supervision groups meet in the service area, and the Visiting Moms Supervisors team meets at JF&CS headquarters in Waltham.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- The Supervisor roles are part time positions of 8 hours per week
- The hourly rate of pay is $31
- These positions are a combination of biweekly meetings in either Sharon (position 1) or Wesborough (position 2), biweekly meetings in our Waltham office and travelling to and around either the wider Sharon/Canton (position 1) area or the Central MA (position 2) area for intakes.
YOUR WORKDAY WILL INCLUDE:
- Supervising and supporting a group of volunteers who provide in-home visits to parents with babies under age one.
- In partnership with the program director, supporting the intake process, including conducting both telephone screenings with referrers and/or parents to assess service needs and clinical assessments to develop intake plans.
- Participating in outreach efforts, and representing JF&CS, CERS, and Visiting Moms, to build program awareness across the community.
- Interviewing and training potential volunteers.
- Maintaining accurate records in accordance with program guidelines, including data entry in the agency client management system.
- Participating as a member of Visiting Mom leadership team in the Waltham office.
- Additional duties as specified.
EDUCATIONAL, EXPERICNE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Combination of education and experience that reflects typical clinical skills gained from a Master's degree in Social Work or related field and direct experience working in Human Services.
- Demonstrated interest in supporting pregnant people, postpartum people, and/or newborns.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience working with families, parents, children, or postpartum people. Direct experience in Visiting Moms program a plus.
- Demonstrated maturity and flexibility while working in a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to bringing a lens of anti-racism, social justice, and advocacy and to be engaged in conversations and actions around diversity, equity, and inclusion with the volunteers and families we serve.
- Knowledge Microsoft Office computer programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and willingness to learn and use technology for record-keeping and communication.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.