Access Team and Helpline Graduate Internship
- CHAI Services - Internship
- WALTHAM, MA, USA
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more than 150 years, Jewish Family & Children's Service has been helping individuals and families of build a strong foundation for resilience and well-being. We intentionally serve and employ people of all faiths, backgrounds, cultures, and abilities. Through an integrated portfolio of more than 40 programs reaching communities throughout Eastern and Central Massachusetts, JF&CS focuses on meeting the needs of new parents and their children, older adults and family caregivers, children and adults with disabilities, and people experiencing poverty, hunger, or domestic abuse.
About Access and Helpline Internship:
The JF&CS Access Team is the first point of contact for many callers and clients to our organization. Access team staff provide information and guidance to callers in complex situations, linking callers to the most appropriate community resources, as well as making personalized referrals to programs both at JF&CS and external organizations. JF&CS helps people of all faiths and races, reflecting our foundational values of social justice. We have long cultivated a stance of cultural humility and a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
This is a great opportunity for a graduate student to gain experience in performing assessments, guiding and counseling individuals and family members, and helping connect people with necessary community resources. The majority of this work is 1:1 with clients, but there are opportunities for group work if interested. Responsibilities include:
- Working with and addressing the needs of the following populations: individuals with mental illness and/or disabling conditions, children and adolescents, parents and other family members, older adults, and other service providers and professionals.
- Clinical modalities used include motivational interviewing, social casework, psychoeducation, supportive counseling, needs assessment, among others.
- Providing telephonic support, needs assessment, guidance, and counseling to callers around complex clinical situations, personal and family dynamics, and identified problems.
- Community resource linkage for callers: identifying and sharing resources, providing benefits and systems education, orientation to the social service and mental health landscapes in Massachusetts.
- Providing short-term, transitional case management to callers who identify needing additional assistance in connecting with the resources, referrals, and programs the Access team provides them. This includes help with referrals and coordination with other programs, services, and agencies, and help with applications.
- Performing initial screenings for Path to Well-being, JF&CS's partnership with McLean Hospital that provides a virtual cognitive behavioral therapy treatment, and follow-up with program participants around additional needs and resources.
- Researching external resources, services, and programs related to the needs areas of callers and helping to create and maintain the electronic resource database.
- Participation in team meetings, maintaining clinical record documentation, daily progress notes, services plans and goal assessments.
What we offer:
- Paid stipend of up to $2,400 per internship year
- Field placement supervision by an LICSW
- Hybrid/remote work schedule
- Access to training
Requirements for the Internship:
- Onboarding process includes TB test, medical physical and relevant background checks (CORI, SORI and fingerprint check)
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.