- - Information Technology
- WALTHAM, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The IT Director will oversee and be a hands-on contributor to all elements of our technology: network infrastructure, hardware and software purchases, desktop support, security, and more. They will also partner in setting our strategic IT course by making decisions around staffing models, cybersecurity implementation, migration from an on-premises operation to a cloud environment. The IT Director will manage the other staff (1.3 FTEs), the managed services provider (for tier 1 support and projects) and other external vendors, ensuring an ongoing balance of strong IT operations with appropriate change management.
Reporting to the Chief People and Operations Officer (CPOO), the IT Director will work closely with senior leaders and staff across JF&CS, in a mission-driven, collaborative, and positive environment. The IT Director is a full-time position, primarily in-person as a function of the work, but with flexibility for a hybrid schedule as needed.
JF&CS helps individuals and families build a strong foundation for resilience and well-being across the lifespan, from infancy to old age. Serving more than 14,000 people each year, JF&CS focuses on meeting the needs of new parents and their children, older adults and family caregivers, children and adults with disabilities, and people experiencing poverty, hunger, or domestic abuse. JF&CS is guided by Jewish values of social justice and inclusion and serves people of all faiths and backgrounds. JF&CS employs approximately 250 FTEs, and 300 total staff. We are based in Waltham, where office staff mostly work a hybrid schedule; and we have a small office in Worcester. We also employ front-line in-person staff in day programs in Canton and Waltham, in residential programs in Brighton and Newton, and in in-home personal care in Brighton. IT supports all of these locations.
- Manage all elements of IT network and security infrastructure and operations to provide reliable, secure, and accessible services to JF&CS staff.
- Manage a small technical team; includes hiring, managing and prioritizing workload, setting guidelines and evaluating performance.
- Prioritize, budget, and implement IT project roadmap.
- Consistently communicate with key stakeholders and create comprehensive project rollout training and tools to support use of technology.
- Oversee and evolve standard operating policies and procedures for documentation, systems architecture, security, disaster recovery, purchasing, change management, and service provision.
- Configure and manage security capabilities and cloud-based solutions.
- Update, document, and maintain a systems and process-driven HIPAA compliance and PII protection program.
- Manage Microsoft 365 licensing: configuration and maintenance of Microsoft Autopilot for device deployment.
- 7+ years of progressively responsible roles in IT including supervision or management experience.
- A desire to help advance a mission-based organization, through use of creativity and knowledge to make IT solutions durable over the longer term.
- Solid background across critical IT systems including some combination of: network management, collaboration tools (zoom, O365, etc), migration to cloud solutions, active directory, software licensing, hardware procurement, cybersecurity, backup systems. Additional experience in:
- WiFi configuration/performance, basic switch configuration, understanding of routing, Internet access connectivity and firewall policy administration in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Deploying and administering SIEM tools and related cybersecurity solutions; as well as Intune or other MDM solutions
- Proven track record of evaluating and selecting technology solutions
- People orientated approach to technology solutions
- Interest and skill in balancing strategic IT planning, staff management and hands on work
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects while meeting strict deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
Please send your resume and a cover letter summarizing your interest in and qualifications for this role Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.