Sibling Support Groups Co-Facilitator
- CHAI Services - Respite and Recreation Programs
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Part Time
The Sibling Support Groups Co-Facilitator works with Manager, Inclusive Programs for Children and Families to plan, implement, and lead Sibshops monthly meetings. Two age-based Sibshops groups meet monthly on select Sundays and serve children and teens ages 8-18 who have siblings with disabilities, chronic illness, or mental health needs.
Jewish Family & Children's Service (JF&CS) cares for individuals and families by providing exceptional human services guided by Jewish traditions of social responsibility, compassion, and respect for all members of the community. Serving more than 14,000 people each year, we focus on meeting the needs of new parents and their children, older adults and family caregivers, children and adults with disabilities, and people experiencing poverty, hunger, or domestic abuse. JF&CS serves people of all faiths and backgrounds.
Essential Job Functions:
- Attend monthly Sibling programs.
- Assist with planning and leading age-appropriate events and activities for sessions.
- Assist with event logistics including helping with set-up and clean-up, arrival and dismissal of participants, and other duties as necessary.
- Actively participate and engage with kids during event activities.
- Communicate effectively and empathetically with participants to ensure each session provides a safe space and supportive environment.
- Communicate effectively and empathetically with youth and their parents and family members to build meaningful relationships.
- Act as a role model to young people by displaying appropriate character skills, engaging in a positive and approachable manner, and establishing and maintaining appropriate boundaries with participants.
- Assist with communications, marketing and recruitment of college students.
- Participate in meetings with Facilitator, other JF&CS staff and partners.
- Support assessment and evaluation efforts to improve programming.
- Other duties as specified.
- Must be comfortable engaging in physical activities such as bowling, rock climbing, hiking.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Intermediate Skills in Outlook and Word and basic skills in Excel or willingness to develop such skills within 90 days of hire.
v High School degree required.
v Experience working with young people, and individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities preferred.
v Must be available on Sundays.
v Hours are 4-10 hours per month consisting of required monthly Sunday events and additional prep work as necessary.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.