Guardianship Administrative and Fiscal Associate
- Older Adults Division - Guardianship
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Part Time
- We regret we are unable to take phone calls about this position. JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer.
About the JF&CS Guardianship Program
For more than 30 years, the JF&CS Guardianship Program has provided customized and comprehensive case management to a diverse range of older adults no longer legally competent to make decisions regarding their health and welfare. Operating out of our Waltham and Central MA locations, we serve as legal guardian, appointed by the Probate Court, for those with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias, chronic mental illness, brain injury, and developmental disability. We work with those living independently in the community and those who need day-to-day committed assistance.
Our goal is to provide services for the whole person - physical, emotional, and spiritual. Therefore, our work is individualized and culturally sensitive, responsive to clients' own values, religions, and preferences. Each client is assigned to a social worker who gets to know the person and manages every aspect of the case. We are big enough to provide complete coverage yet small enough that each of us is familiar with all the cases.
As guardians, we take our responsibilities seriously, caring for our clients' well-being in every way, guiding them through aging and, eventually, through the end of life. This work is challenging, impactful, and profoundly meaningful.
Part-Time Guardianship Administrative and Fiscal Associate
Are you seeking a fulfilling opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of vulnerable individuals while utilizing your financial expertise and organizational skills?
Our Guardianship Program is currently seeking a responsible, detail-oriented Part-Time Administrative and Fiscal Associate to join our passionate team. Working closely with the Senior Staff Accountant, Program Manager, and Case Manager you will perform key administrative and accounting duties, to ensure high quality services for our clients.
Essential Job Functions:
As the Part-Time Guardianship Administrative and Fiscal Associate, you will be responsible for a diverse range of duties, all contributing to the smooth operation of our services. Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Be a leader in streamlining operations for a 3-person office by implementing efficient organizational strategies and overseeing administrative tasks.
- Continuously monitor client bank account balances throughout the month to ensure that ACH client income, including social security, pension, and other recurring deposits, has been received and deposited into the correct accounts. Deposit any live checks received into appropriate client accounts. Ensure that all deposits are entered into the accounting system (QuickBooks).
- Enter invoices into the accounting system and issue checks for monthly client expenses as needed, verifying that client balances will cover outgoing payments.
- Provide the Social Security Administration and MassHealth with the required reports for each client we represent.
- For clients for whom JF&CS is Conservator, provide Massachusetts Family & Probate Courts with required reports, preparing and maintaining schedules in compliance with court requirements, including Probate Care Plans, Rogers, Probate Accounts, and conducting regular reviews with Case Managers.
- Work with Case Managers to onboard new clients by opening new bank accounts, contacting the Social Security Administration and/or pension organizations to arrange for monthly payments to be received by JF&CS.
- Collaborate with the Guardianship Program Manager to ensure compliance with regulatory standards set by EOEA, the Court, and other relevant agencies, reinforcing our commitment to ethical practices.
- Organize and identify clients with tax files to be sent to the CPA as needed, contributing to efficient tax management.
- Assist with various banking activities, including petty cash, deposits, and bank communications when necessary.
- Maintain client files, ensuring that all financial transactions conducted on behalf of the client have appropriate backup and authorizations.
- Take on additional duties and projects as assigned, embracing a dynamic and fulfilling work environment.
Education and Qualifications:
To excel in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- A proactive and adaptable mindset, demonstrating a willingness to learn and thrive in a team setting.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills are a must, enabling effective collaboration with colleagues and clients alike.
- A keen eye for detail and excellent analytical skills, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial data.
- BA/AS degree desired but not required, certification or training in finance or a related field is preferred, demonstrating a strong foundation in financial knowledge.
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience, showcasing your familiarity with financial processes and administrative tasks.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and Excel a plus!
We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and recognize that not all candidates may possess every skill listed. We encourage potential candidates to apply, even if they do not have all the skills mentioned if they possess the passion and commitment to excel in the role. We value a strong work ethic, a willingness to learn, and a genuine dedication to making a positive impact on the lives of others. Join our team and discover a rewarding opportunity to contribute your unique strengths and talents in service of a meaningful cause.